Need helping animating your camp? TCK Art and Theatre Interactive is a customizable a one-day or multi-day art intensive at your camp. The program will be facilitated by professional artist and early childhood educators. The program will start with a Welcoming Circle, a story reading by one of our puppets, followed by a performance of one of TCK programs, and an afternoon of art and theatre.
• Fun songs and group games for children of ages 5-12
• Introduction to the puppets and puppeteers
• Introduction of the local athlete host
• Unveiling of Puppet Pal (a puppet designed in the likeness of the local athlete)
Storytime with Brian
Brian is one of our puppets who enjoys reading. He will be joined by a cast of puppets who will read an age-appropriate story to the children. The camp will choose which story is read from a library of storybooks. After the reading, the puppeteers will lead a discussion with the children on various themes discussed in the books.
The Concerned Kids’ education curriculum uses a non-threatening medium of interactive puppetry to introduce a number of sensitive topics to elementary school aged children. The camp will choose one performance from our catalogue of performances. The topics include bullying, consent, physical safety, autism awareness, mental health awareness, peer pressure and substance abuse, as well as cyberbullying, gender expression and family diversity.
Art & Theatre Intensive
The participants will spend the afternoon in an arts and theatre intensive. Groups of 5-10 children will rotate through three stations where they will participate in the following activities:
• Self Portraits: The children will spend 30 minutes creating portraits of themselves using a variety of materials.
• Puppets: For 30 minutes, the children will create hand puppets that “make them smile”. These • fantastical creatures will be given to the children to take home at the end of the day.
• Puppet Pals: Working with a professional puppeteer, the children will learn of the art of puppetry. They will spend 30 minutes learning how to manipulate the puppets and participate in theatre games.
After a day of puppetry, art and theatre, the children will come together to sing songs, play some games and share their self-portraits with the group.