Jessi is a skilled painter and sculptor who has dedicated herself to using art to help others. She is pursing a master's degree in art therapy and will be Canadian Art Therapy Association accredited upon completion of her program. Jessi currently teaches for Paint Nite by Yaymaker and has experience using art to work with adults, though she developed and coordinated an arts education program for children prior to this. Jessi has been awarded the American National Scholastic Silver Medal for sculpture, as well as regional accolades for sculpture in Ohio.
Question: what form of art are you most passionate about? What do you love about it?
I am a painter by profession, but what most people don't know about me is that I am actually most passionate about sculpture! I love sculpture so much because I like using unconventional objects and materials and combining them to make something unique. For me, sculpture is an art form with endless possibilities ad exploring those possibilities to their fullest extent makes me feel energized and full of purpose.
Question: Can you tell us 5 interesting facts about yourself?
1. I know how to say strawberry in 7 different languages!
2. I once went to Italy for the sole purpose of getting really good pasta
3. Despite being a very colorful artist, my favorite color is actually grey
4. I am a really great cook and I love creating new recipes
5. I have 4 chinchillas and their names are Sophie, Daisy, Fiona, and Veronica