As 2020 comes to a close, we’d like to share with you how your support made a massive impact on the lives of children in our communities. Without your help, there would have been far more children feeling the negative effects of a lockdown including isolation, loneliness, and fear. But, because of generous supporters like you, The Concerned Kids (TCK) was able to deliver virtual programming right into the homes of children and families across southern and central Ontario. They kept children learning, engaged, and having fun while simultaneously providing parents and caregivers a much-needed break.
· TCK’s FUNsplosion Magazine reached more than 25,000 children
· We were able to offer over 300 scholarships for our online programs
· TCK’s Puppet Playhouse was viewed by over 20,000 children
If you’d like to hear and see first-hand how one family in our programs felt about our virtual camps this summer, check out their interview HERE.
The massive pivot in our programming (from in-person to virtual) that TCK successfully executed last spring would not have been possible without the generous support of our donors.
And we have big plans for the future.
If you’d like to help us keep children and families safe, happy, engaged, and learning into 2021, there are 5 WAYS you can be part of the TCK family:
1) You can purchase a scholarship for a child or children from an underserved community. This holiday gift for a deserving child will help reduce their social isolation and provide them an opportunity that they otherwise would not be able to access.
2) You can purchase a seat in one of our classes as a holiday gift for a child in your life. Experiences are the best gifts to give, and this holiday season this is especially true. Choose from Paint Exploration, Puppet Pals, After School Club, and so much more.
3) Got a holiday or birthday party coming up? We’ve got you covered! So many kids are missing out on special occasion parties, but with our Virtual Paint Experience, children can enjoy the fun of togetherness and joint activities over Zoom! Our expert Artist Facilitators bring a ton of fun and create a shared experience like no other.
5) We also gratefully accept monetary donations. You can choose from a one-time gift or set-up monthly giving. See our donation page for more information.
COVID and the subsequent lockdowns have been especially hard on children. We will need your help to meet the high demand for our programs. And don’t forget – every donation over $20 meets the requirement for a tax receipt. So get those year-end donations in on time to get yours!
Once again, we’d like to extend our deepest gratitude to our donors this year. Your contribution to TCK has made a huge difference in the lives of children and families during this extremely challenging year.
But it’s not over yet. In 2021 we will continue to deliver high-impact, quality programming to meet the needs of children and families and we need your support.
Make your donation today and help us provide essential programming for children and families through the new year.
You can donate HERE.
From all of us at TCK we wish you, your family, and community the warmest of wishes and the happiest of new years.
- The TCK Family