The Concerned Kids (“TCK”, “We”, “Us”, or “Our”) is committed to transparency in the collection and use of your personal information.
- Collection and Use of Information
TCK provides interactive educational puppet programs about serious social issues to elementary school aged students. In the course of providing these programs, TCK may collect personal information about you. The term “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual, including name, address, email address, signature, and other information relating to an individual.
We may collect personal information when you:
- Submit a Volunteer Application: If you apply for a volunteer position at TCK, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as that contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials. We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application for current and future volunteering opportunities.
- Book Our Programs: If you book one of our presentations or programs, you may be asked for information that identifies you (such as your name, email address, mailing address, postal code and phone number) along with additional information we need for the booking. We may also retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our programs, services and events.
- Attend a TCK Event: If you attend a TCK Event, such as our annual “Chair”-ish the Kids Event, we may collect your payment information, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, billing address, and payment card information when you purchase tickets.
- Sponsor or Make a Donation: If you choose to sponsor or make a donation to TCK, we may collect your payment information, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, billing address, and payment card information. This information is used to process your sponsorship and/or donation.
- Sign-up for TCK’s Communications: We may offer you the ability to sign-up to receive updates or other communications through our Website or on third party websites (including through social media sites). If you sign-up, we collect certain personal information (such as first and last name and email address) which we use to send you email and other communications containing TCK’s updates and other content that may be of interest to you. You can opt-out of receiving promotional email from us by following the opt-out or “unsubscribe” instructions provided in your email, or by contacting us as set out below. Please note that you may continue to receive transactional and account-related electronic messages from us.
- Contact Us: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information that identifies you (such as your name, email address, mailing address, postal code and phone number) along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment or complaint. We may also retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our programs, services and events.
- Submit a Job Application: If you apply for a job at TCK, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as that contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials. We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities.
- Disclosure of Information
We may transfer or disclose information as follows:
- Service Provider Arrangements: In connection with our Website or the programs we provide, we may transfer (or otherwise make available) personal information to third parties who provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to process payments, host our website and store information on our behalf. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes.
Personal information may be maintained and processed by third party service providers in the US and Canada and may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities as required under the laws of those jurisdictions.
- Legal and Compliance: We and our service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable Canadian, US or other law or legal process. Your personal information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
- Safeguarding and Retention of Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We restrict access to your personal information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfill their job requirements.
We have personal information retention processes designed to retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes stated above or to otherwise meet legal requirements.
- Access to Personal Information
You have the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in other personal information we have in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
Cookies and Additional Information about our Websites
Third Party Websites
Our Websites may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by us. We have no control over, do not review and are not responsible for the privacy policies of or content displayed on such other websites. When you click on such a link, you will leave our Website and go to another site. During this process, another entity may collect personal information from you.
- Contact Us
Please contact our Privacy Officer if:
- you wish to access, update, and/or correct inaccuracies in your personal information, or
- you otherwise have a question or complaint about the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information.
You may contact our Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address:
The Concerned Kids 2333 Dundas Street West, Suite 206 Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6R 3A6 Last update: Jan 16, 2017